Tropes sometimes have a bad reputation, but what are they really? Avery and D.C. discuss some common tropes and why they’re often seen in a negative light, as well as ways you can subvert them or roll with them.
- Black Sun, by Rebecca Roanhorse
- Jade City, by Fonda Lee
- Penguin Random House vs Department of Justice, Publisher’s Weekly
- ElfQuest, by Wendy and Richard Pini
- Women in Refrigerators, by Gail Simone
- Moriarty, by Anthony Horowitz
- Piranesi, by Susanna Clarke
- The Black Prism, Brent Weeks
- Feedspot’s Top 70 Writing Podcasts
“Enemies to Lovers”
Spicy and sweet and just a little bitter.
- 1.5oz Green Chile Vodka
- 2oz Pineapple Juice
- .5oz Lime Juice
- .5oz simple syrup
- Dash Angostura Bitters
- Seltzer / Soda Water
(If you can’t get green chile vodka, you can muddle a couple of jalapenos into the syrup first before adding the other ingredients to the shaker, then double-strain).
- Shake all except seltzer in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain into a highball glass with ice
- Top with seltzer
- Gently stir
(to download, right-click the Download button and choose “Save File As”).
More episodes here:
Find us online: