In this episode, DC and Avery discuss best practices for pitching your work, both online and in-In our first Halloween episode, we talk about the horror of queries! We chat a little about the query experience, and go over some key dos and don’ts when crafting your query letter. We also revise a spooooky query about a star-crossed ghost and the real estate agent trying to sell his haunted house.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- A Little Life, by Hanya Yanagihara
- A Dowry of Blood, by S.T. Gibson
With a hint of jalapeño for the burn of rejection.
- 3.5oz light rum
- 1.5oz lime juice
- 2oz agave syrup
- 2-4 slices of jalapeno to taste (can remove seeds if you want milder, leave the seeds in if you want it hotter)
- 1 cup ice
- Add ice to blender.
- In a separate mixing glass, muddle jalapeno in agave syrup, then pour the syrup through mesh strainer into the blender. Discard leftover jalapeno bits.
- Add the rum and lime juice to the blender.
- Pour into a daiquiri or wine glass, garnish with a lime wheel.
(to download, right-click the Download button and choose “Save File As”).
More episodes here:
Find us online: