In this episode, DC and Avery discuss series and standalones. How do you decide if a story idea is a series or standalone? What does the outlining process look like for each? And how to avoid common pitfalls such as the Book 2 Slump or infodumps in later books?
Books and items mentioned in this episode:
Books, Authors, and Items Mentioned:
- The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt
- Winter’s Orbit, by Everina Maxwell
- Elantris, by Brandon Sanderson
- The Way of Kings, by Brandon Sanderson
- The Realm of the Elderlings Series, by Robin Hobb
- Aeon Timeline Software
Drink: Rainbow Shots
- Blue Curacao (1oz) + Vodka (.5oz)
- Blue Curacao (1oz) + Pineapple Juice (.5oz)
- Pineapple Juice (1oz) + Vodka (.5oz)
- Pineapple Juice (.5oz) + Cranberry (.5oz) + Vodka (.5oz)
- Cranberry (1oz) + Vodka (.5oz)
- Curacao (.5oz) + Cranberry (.5oz) + Vodka (.5oz)
Rainbow Cocktail (Standalone)
Equal parts Cranberry Juice, Pineapple Juice, and Vodka in a light-up rainbow martini glass.
(to download, right-click the Download button and choose “Save File As”).
More episodes here:
Find us online: