In this episode, DC and Avery discuss best practices for pitching your work, both online and in-person, as well as thoughts on pitch events in general. How to find your story’s hook and show it off as sparkly as it can be. We also take a look at a few of Avery’s pitches and break down some common pitch mistakes.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- A Little Life, by Hanya Yanagihara
Pitch-Black, Short & Sweet
- 2.5oz Mr. Black Coffee Liqueur
- 1oz Dark Rum (not spiced)
- 1oz Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Syrup
- Optional: black sugar for rim
- Optional: Luxardo cherry for garnish
- (Optional: rim martini or coupe glass with black sugar)
- Combine Mr Black, rum, and chocolate syrup in a shaker with ice, shake very well.
- Strain into glass, garnish with a Luxardo cherry on a cocktail pick.
(to download, right-click the Download button and choose “Save File As”).
More episodes here:
Find us online: