This episode, we chose drinks that let the vermouth shine, while the other elements enhance and emphasize it. This mirrors the way your dialogue should stand as the backbone of a scene, with the dialogue tags and action beats as support.
Interrobang’s sweet vermouth is herbaceous in a way that reminds me a little of aromatic bitters, with a sweet red wine base. Orange helps smooth out those herbal notes, while the dry maraschino helps balance and highlight the sweetness of this low-abv drink.
- 2oz Interrobang Sweet Vermouth
- .5oz fresh squeezed orange juice
- .25oz maraschino liqueur
- 3oz seltzer
- Orange wedge (for garnish)
- Combine all (except orange wedge) in a highball glass filled with ice.
- Stir gently.
- Garnish with the orange wedge.
“Said Isn’t Dead”
Interrobang white vermouth has a lovely spice note that almost reminds me of holiday baking spice. Grapefruit and honey add a little complexity that makes those flavors stand out, while vodka gives this one a hidden punch.
- 2.5oz Interrobang White Vermouth
- 1oz vodka
- 1oz grapefruit juice
- .5oz honey syrup
- Lemon wheel (or dried lemon wheel) for garnish
- Pour all into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well until chilled.
- Strain into a martini or coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel, or float a dried lemon wheel on top.